We are off to another wonderful year here with Claremont’s band and Orchestra. Each year, we seem to grow a little bit more so our instrumental ensembles are bigger than ever. . .
As Arlingtonians, we have been fortunate to be able to maintain a thriving elementary instrumental program which starts in the Fourth Grade. So what exactly does that mean for our kids?
- Our kids get the opportunity to start playing wind instruments in Fourth Grade; one year earlier than our neighboring counties.
- They get the chance to see how a performing group can learn different musical parts and ideas and work as a team to bring the music together.
- Along the way, they develop new mental skills as they learn to read the multidimensional, abstract language that is music.
- They develop greater hand/eye coordination.
- They experience greater self confidence, AND . . .
- GET TO HAVE SOME FUN!
Come and see for yourself. Mark your calendars for our Winter and Spring Concerts and cheer on our young musicians!!